Wednesday, January 19, 2011

double dating with chakra pennywhistle


I just have to share this with you. I received the sweetest gift a mother could ever receive over the holidays: a Chakra Pennywhistle original "Circle the Date" pillow. It's made entirely from organic and upcycled materials, and has become the centerpiece of conversation amongst house guests.



This darling pillow showcases not one, but two vintage tea towel calendar patches. Each patch has been embellished with a circle of red thread to mark each daughter's birthday. Incredibly sweet, right? And I just love the striking red color against the creamy white of the pillow.


My oldest daughter's birthday.


My youngest daughter's birthday


We will treasure this gift for generations to come. Thank you Rikkianne!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,
    It was such a pleasure to work with you on this! I adore these photos! I'm so thrilled that you and yours enjoy the pillow. This project is why I love our community. Such an honor to exchange art, ideas, and appreciation. You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete