Friday, September 23, 2011

shorpy find - Cleon Throckmorton

Renowned artist Cleon "Throck" Throckmorton at work at Krazy Kat (circa 1921)


The weekend is finally here and I'm ready to rejuvenate! I trust I'll find time to escape to my tiny art studio to finish work on a few of my "art is my compass" drawings.

To jump start my creativity, I turned to one of my all-time favorite sources of inspiration: Shorpy, a vintage photo blog featuring thousands of high-definition images from the 1850s to 1950s. I've blogged about my Shorpy crush here, here, here, and here.

Well, this morning I hit the jackpot! I found this incredible image of artist Cleon Throckmorton on the terrace of Krazy Kat painting a lovely lady rumored to be his wife. What's not to LOVE about this photograph?

Click on the photo above to view a high-res image and soak up all the beauty. Be sure to check out the blog's comments that tell more of the story behind "Throck" and the bohemians who frequented Krazy Kat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment