Thursday, February 3, 2011

an exquisite look at linen

Artists have painted on linen panels and canvasses for thousands of years. My research on the process of constructing these surfaces has inspired me to stretch my own canvas. I'm using organic linen as well as hemp/organic cotton fabric for my current projects. I look forward to sharing more on this with you in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this exquisite video with you about linen production. I trust you'll find it just as fascinating as I did. Cheers!

BE LINEN MOVIE from Benoit MILLOT on Vimeo.


* BONUS video -- You may also enjoy this video depicting Bleu de Lectoure's triumphant revival of the French tannery's centuries-old natural dye-extraction process using woad plants (isatis tinctoria).

1 comment:

  1. I really like where you are headed. The movie was very enjoyable, refreshing and informational. Can't wait to see what you do!

    From your silly sister

    ReplyDelete