Wednesday, December 22, 2010

my sketchbook - final entry


My final sketch is now complete...and just in time as the deadline is fast approaching. The next time I see it in person will be June 2011 at the Form/Space Atelier gallery here in Seattle. There it can be viewed alongside 28,832 other Art House sketchbooks on tour.

This sketch pretty much sums up why I chose to participate. It's forced me to practice my craft, and in doing so, has reminded me just how much happier and hopeful I am when I'm creating art. Yes, most images are simple black and white doodles, but a gal has to start somewhere, right? Thank you dear Rikkianne for inspiring me to join you in this journey. xo!

In the coming days I look forward to continuing work on my first-in-a-very-long-time series of oil paintings. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work. Your happiness is important, and in this work you shine.

    ReplyDelete